Wall Anchors for Bowed Wall Repair
The main cause of all foundation problems is moisture. An excess moisture from rains, storms, snow melting causes the soil around your house swell, and it puts a tremendous pressure against your foundation walls that forces the walls inward. This pressure is known as hydrostatic pressure. The telling signs of there is too much of hydrostatic pressure are bowed, cracked or leaning basement walls.
Wall anchors are designed to counteract the hydrostatic pressure on the foundation walls without causing damage to struture. In the most cases, installation doesn’t require excavation.
The Grip-Tite® Wall Anchor System
The Grip-Tite® Wall Anchor System utilizes proven engineering methods to secure and stabilize deteriorating basement walls. This system works on any kind of basement wall – concrete block, clay block, poured concrete, timber, or stone.
The Grip-Tite system consists of an interior wall plate, an exterior soil anchor and a connecting steel rod to stabilize foundation walls by counteracting pressure exerted against the wall.
The system is a property owner’s alternative to completely removing and rebuilding basement walls that have become cracked, leaning or bowed as a result of pressures exceeding the allowable design capacity of the wall.
The Grip-Tite® Wall Anchors are spaced in different locations along a wall and rod extenders can be used to avoid decks, flowerbeds and other landscaping.
- In most cases can straighten wall (over time) without excavation
- Limited disturbance to lawn and landscape
- Low-profile wall plate can be easily painted or finished over
- Counteracts pressure on the wall without causing damage to structure (does not rely on the floor joists or wood framing as the reaction)
- Will stabilize bowed, leaning and sheared walls
- Patented product ‘ can only be installed by Manufacturer-Certified Installers